This would be very useful to buffer dependencies between projects. e.g. EGit & JGit for example. There may be potential for the platform build to avoid building parts one isn't interested in building by downloading it instead.

Artifacts need to flow into the working groups like LTS & Polarsys. Nexus would be a nice way to have them do so.

Andrew

On 12/05/2012 03:45 AM, Sievers, Jan wrote:
as you stated, the maven and p2 repository formats are too different to unify them or even to convert them.

what we can still do though is use nexus as binary exchange hub for (zipped) p2 repositories produced by tycho builds [1].
That's a black box approach as far as Nexus is concerned (for nexus the zipped p2 repo is just another zip artifact), but at least you would have a single place for projects to publish and consume their (versioned!) repo binaries.

Regards,
Jan

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Nexus_Unzip_Plugin

-----Original Message-----
From: cbi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cbi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andrew Ross
Sent: Dienstag, 4. Dezember 2012 19:55
To: Common-build Developers discussion
Subject: [cbi-dev] Unifying p2 & maven

Hi Everyone,

We're getting very close to cutting over the Eclipse platform to CBI.
There will be a bit of cleanup stuff to be ready for Juno SR2 to
cut-over as well.

I'd like to get people thinking about our next big challenge... figuring
out and implementing a good solution for maven.eclipse.org.

Please read this for background & some thoughts I have on the matter:
http://42aross.wordpress.com/2012/12/04/my-take-on-mavenp2-unification-at-eclipse/

I'd be grateful for some feedback to help make sure I haven't overlooked
something important and to assist us to develop the right solution.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Back to the top