Re: [cbi-dev] slicing up the main repo using tycho-p2-extras-plugin

On 11/27/2012 06:48 PM, Paul Webster wrote:
As part of the PDE build, we slice a number of smaller p2 repos out of our main build repo using p2.mirror.
Just wondering: why don't you create 1 category.xml and 1 pom.xml for each p2 repo? IMO it would increase amount of files, but it would be easier to maintain, since you wouldn't need to use some additional plugins. Instead, you'd use plain basic Tycho, less things to know and remember...
In our tycho based build, we aggregate the build repository using: http://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.releng.aggregator.git/tree/eclipse.platform.repository/pom.xml?h=R4_2_maintenance

Is it possible to specify multiple instances of the  tycho-p2-extras-plugin plugin entry, each with its own mirror goal and different destination repo directories to create these multiple p2 repos?
You can generally specify multiple executions of a plugin:
<executions>
  <execution>
    <phase>prepare-package</phase>
    <goals>