[cbi-dev] Minutes from October 2, 2012 cbi-dev call

Hi Everyone,

These are the minutes from today's cbi-dev call. I'll also post them in the wiki.

Attendees:

Paul Webster, Krzysztof Daniel, Thanh Ha, Andrew Ross

Cut-over Timing:

The goal of this work is to have the Eclipse platform cut over to use the CBI built platform instead of the PDE built version.
  • ASAP to be honest. Maps to the following milestones:
    • Juno SR2
    • Kepler M3 if possible (4 weeks to go) if not M4
It is worth noting that Krzysztof shared Red Hat has already cut over to CBI for the platform, is happy with it, and not waiting on anything.

Actions:
  • Andrew to follow-up with Igor re: Tycho related bugs
  • Andrew to follow-up with Jason re: having a Maven guru from Sonatype work on the maven-related list below.
  • Jan, Tobias... can you guys help with any of the Tycho related bugs?

The following are our short list of bugs we need for the CBI platform team to cut over to use CBI.

Tycho related bugs:

  • Include the ISV doc in our SDK:
  • Bug 389762 - Add support to tycho-source-feature-plugin to allow including non-source bundles (this is the short term blocker)
  • Create root files with binaries for the Mac (this is an adoption blocker)
  • Generate the .api_description used by our tools to manage versions and public API (this has to be sorted out before SR2)
  • Bug 381057 - CBI should be able to generate the API tools description
  • Make sure our executables are coming from the correct place, and that 3rd party RCP apps that use o.e.eclipse.executables or o.e.rcp.configuration still work
  • Bug 390111 - Make sure that tycho product materialization doesn't interfere with SDK features ((this has to be sorted out before SR2)
  • Support generating the EclipseSource-References into the MANIFEST.MF (this has to be sorted out before Kepler)
  • Bug 380872 - Add support for Eclipse-SourceReference headers
Maven related bugs:

  • Bug 377115 - Build SWT and consume native fragments
  • - this would be converting ant scripts to maven magic: the source is copied, pre-processed (switching "int" for "long" for example), and then compiled for each fragment.  This is a high-priority for maven help as my build on my computer fails to produce SWT jars.
  • Bug 370704 - equinox launchers build
  • - Waiting on a maven friendly way of publishing the artifacts earlier on in the build and consuming them for the many features that include these root files, this effects about 4 features.  Sorting out these root files is a high-priority for maven help.
  • Bug 390020 - Create the swt-<buildId>-gtk-linux-x86.zip files
  • - swt-*.zip files need to be created using the appropriate maven magic.  We need help on this before adoption.
  • Bug 385154 - JDT core is not ready for tycho builds
  • - I think we need some maven magic here to post-assemble the ecj jar. We need help on this before adoption.
  • Bug 385959 - org.eclipse.jdt.launching uses customBuildCallbacks
  • - a jar needs to be compiled earlier in the build and then consumed by this plugin. We need help on this before adoption.
  • Bug 384873 - org/eclipse/core/runtime/IPluginDescriptor is missing in runtime_registry_compatibility.jar
  • - we need a way to include this pre-compiled class. We need help on this before SR2.
General bugs:
  • Bug 385410 - Build documentation using tycho
  • - we were going to try Christopher's patch, in a profile, and require an eclipse install for schema conversion and javadoc inclusion.
  • (may need some maven help with this too)
  • Bug 375554 - Be able to specify the jdt.core used for compiling
  • - We can test out if this works.
  • Bug 369798 - Add signing capability to the CBI build for the eclipse platform
  • - we'll move forward with a fix for this once the discussion dies down (I think we have consensus).
New bugs:
  • Bug 390119 - branding plugins buildId aren't updated
  • - need to replace token with build tag. Possibly a maven related bug. 2nd part is the qualifier being set. Can we override?
  • Bug 390721 - The product IU qualifier is not updated
  • - qualifier should be it's own or the highest of what it includes. Likely a Tycho related fix.

Back to the top