Re: [cbi-dev] Tycho behaviour with root.permissions in build.properties

The CBI bug is:

Bug 386599 - build.properties root.* properties are missing

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Thanh Ha <thanh.ha@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The 1st one has to do with using "*" when defining the root.permissions. For example in rcp.config build.properties it defines:

    root.linux.gtk.x86.permissions.755=*.so*

While building rcp.config is successful there is an issue when building the SDK product fails with the error at the end of this email stating that we cannot set permissions on a file that does not exist. With Paul's help I was able to find some discrepancies between PDE build and CBI build with regards to this parameter.

Bug 361204 - root.permissions property does not support wildcards/patterns

The 2nd issue I noticed is regarding root.permissions for the eclipse executable:

    root.permissions.755=eclipse

I get a compile error when I try to build rcp.config with this parameter set as follows:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-p2-plugin:0.16.0-SNAPSHOT:p2-metadata-default (default-p2-metadata-default) on project org.eclipse.rcp.configuration: Execution default-p2-metadata-default of goal org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-p2-plugin:0.16.0-SNAPSHOT:p2-metadata-default failed: Cannot set permissions or symbolic links if there are no root files -> [Help 1]

No bug for this yet.

Later,
PW

--