[cbi-dev] Contributing to the Eclipse platform

Hi Everyone,

I'm sure many have noticed already, but just in case you haven't noticed yet, there's an interesting & very important discussion regarding 4.2 vs 3.8 and frankly the vitality of the Eclipse platform taking place on the cross-project list. Check it out.

The obvious connection to CBI is that the work we're doing here relates to making it easier for people to contribute to Eclipse projects including (& especially) the platform. Being able to build & test with minimal pain is a key part of that.

There are clear messages out there regarding desire for new (non-IBM) contributors to the Eclipse platform. To add one more, if it wasn't already very clear, contributions are welcomed enthusiastically. I often hear people rightly point out how this may not have been the case in the past but it is definitely so & necessary today.

On that note, I would like to again thank the people contributing to CBI & the CBI platform build: Krzysztof, Andrey, Igor, Thanh, Paul, and many others. You rock, and are very much appreciated. For those that might be interested in getting involved, please do.

Andrew

Back to the top