Re: [cbi-dev] Creating source features

Tycho expects sourceTemplateFeature directory like [1] to be present in
the 'real' feature source tree. In addition, Tycho needs some additional
configuration in pom.xml

[1] https://git.eclipse.org/c/cbi/eclipse.pde.git/tree/org.eclipse.pde-feature

Igor

On 12-08-15 12:23 PM, Paul Webster wrote:
On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I guess I don't understand how this works.

    What is the relationship between org.eclipse.sdk feature and generated
    org.eclipse.cvs.source? From Juno p2 metadata, there does not seem to be
    any.

    If org.eclipse.cvs.source and other source features mentioned in
    org.eclipse.sdk/build.__properties are independent from org.eclipse.sdk
    feature, why not generate these source features as part of corresponding
    'real' feature build? Tycho fully supports this and it it's also
    possible to configure source bundles to include/exclude from the
    generated source feature.

This sounds reasonable to me, to use org.eclipse.cvs to generate
org.eclipse.cvs.source and put the includes/excludes there (same for all
of the features).

I assume the org.eclipse.sdk.source feature can still be generated from
o.e.sdk and can reference the other source features?

PW

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR