Re: [cbi-dev] [jdt-core-dev] Fwd: compare artifacts to baseline version

On 07/05/2012 03:52 PM, Igor Fedorenko wrote:
I used jdt as an example to illustrate potential problem -- we have two
sets of artifacts that are built from the same sources but they are most
likely not byte-to-byte identical. Differences can be as benign as
different jar entry timestamps, but can be more serious, like different
jar signer certificates, different pack200 normalization, etc.

So my question is, when the build cannot validate all project artifacts
against baseline, is it okay to mix artifacts produced by the build with
artifacts from the baseline or should we do something else?

Would it help to explicitly specify a subset/superset relation?

If o.e.jdt.core.jar has no changes
 => none of the two subset artifacts require rebuilding

If o.e.jdt.core.jar has changes but ant adapter doesn't
 => safe not to rebuild ant adapter

So, mixing an old ant adapter with a newer o.e.jdt.core.jar
looks OK from my pov but not vice versa.

my 2c.
Stephan

Back to the top