Re: [cbi-dev] p2 repository generated during build

On 04/04/2012 05:17 PM, Thanh Ha wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I noticed projects like egit and jgit had a p2 repository generated as part of their tycho build. I was wondering if maybe the CBI platform build should also do this too? If so where should it be done? such as in the aggregator repository?

p2 repo is the universal distribution of any Eclipse project, so I think any build should produce a p2 repo. These p2 repo are necessary to be part of the release train, and are the only way to install or update stuff.
More specifically, depending on what you mean by CBI:
* If CBI is "Eclipse Platform build with Tycho", I think the expected resulting repositories are more or less the same as what is described in http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Project_Update_Sites
* If CBI is "Build infra for any project", then Tycho manage the "eclipse-repository" packagingType for category.xml files, so projects only have to leverage this packagingType (along with the maven-signing-plugin to produce signed and pack200'd content) to get them to work.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top