[cbi-dev] Eclipse CBI Juno M6 packaging

Hi Everyone,

I was looking into packaging and Igor pointed me to some work he's already done [1] for Juno M4. I was able to build this after updating tycho and then started looking into how to update this to M6 and found the packaging project [2].

I guess when Igor initially started this work the packaging project was still in CVS. I'm thinking about git cloning this repository and then porting Igor's changes over to this new repository and placing it in CBI. I guess wanted to confirm that this is the right project to use for this.

Secondly I took a diff of the directory listing for Igor's repository with the eclipse.epp.packages.git repository and found a few things that are not the same.

% diff /tmp/upstream /tmp/igor
1,2d0
< org.eclipse.epp.package.automotive
< org.eclipse.epp.package.automotive.feature
6a5
> org.eclipse.epp.package.cpp.product
8a8,10
> org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product
> org.eclipse.epp.package._javascript_
> org.eclipse.epp.package._javascript_.feature
10a13,14
> org.eclipse.epp.package.linuxtools
> org.eclipse.epp.package.linuxtools.feature
14a19,22
> org.eclipse.epp.package.php
> org.eclipse.epp.package.php.feature
> org.eclipse.epp.package.pulsar
> org.eclipse.epp.package.pulsar.feature
24a33,34
> org.eclipse.epp.package.transition.feature
> pom.xml

Looks like upstream has a new automotive package while Igor's repo does not. The main items I'm wondering about is the packages that exist in Igor's repository that don't exist in the eclipse.epp.packages repository such as _javascript_, PHP, etc... Are these just not ported over to git yet? or do they come from another repository?

[1] https://github.com/ifedorenko/org.eclipse.epp
[2] http://git.eclipse.org/c/epp/org.eclipse.epp.packages.git

Thanks,

Thanh