Re: [cbi-dev] Bug 373758 re: CBI build break

On 03/12/2012 04:42 PM, Andrew Overholt wrote:
Is OpenJDK even a supported platform?
It's not a supported platform for the Eclipse project [1]; I'm not sure
if the CBI project has a defined set of supported platforms yet.

Andrew

[1]
http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=eclipse#target_environments
CBI's mandate at the moment is to support MacOS, Windows, Linux (both 32 bit and 64 bit) using the same JRE the platform supports. This is all we can afford to take on right now.

In time, if there was sufficient interest and financial support, it may be possible to widen that to include more operating systems and OpenJDK. A given project itself (i.e. the platform in this case) would obviously have to support those variants as well so that's perhaps the best place to start.

Andrew

Back to the top