Re: [buckminster-dev] download buckminster headless issue

Hi Thomas,

Thank you very much.

-Siva.

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 11:15 PM, Thomas Hallgren <thomas@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Siva,

The second option should work provided that the different servers are on the same architecture, but ensure that you install a movable product (i.e. use the director option -roaming) and make sure that the installation directory (the argument to -destination) is an absolute path.

It might be good to initialize the product after unzipping it on a server, i.e.

buckminster -initialize

HTH,
- thomas

On 2015-06-05 01:39, sivanarayana ganesh wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to configure jenkins to build dsl projects. Thus, i started off writing shell script to install director and
buckminster commandlin product. Unfortunately, our server is behind firewall and they don't like to setup proxy on our
servers. Here is what I'm doing.

1. Download the director
2. unzip and ran the following command to download buckminster headless

./director -r http://download.eclipse.org/tools/buckminster/headless-4.4/ -d ./buck -downloadOnly -p Buckminster

     ---> showing help.

Anyone succeded in downloading the artifact? please share the command.

if it's a bug with director, does it work if I do the following.

1. Use director to install buckminster
2. Zip buckminster and upload to our internal repo
3. Download the buckminster from our internal repo, unzip to some location build server through shell script which will
run on jenkins server.
4. build the project with -Dbuckminster.home = <location from step 3>

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks.

-Siva.