[buckminster-dev] Does it matter to "Buckminster" which VM is used for "central signing service"?

Buckminster team, can one of you comment on

Bug 463510 - Should we use Java 7 in the infrastructure signing service? (Is currently Java 6).

If I recall, Buckminster does it's own "repack" and "pack" so perhaps it does not matter much which VM is used for central signing service ... that is, do you always specify "-nopack" to central service? Or, only for things like "features" and "source bundles" but otherwise do you let the central service do the "repack"?

Also, do you recognize "eclipse.inf" options in a bundle? That is, do you recognize
jarprocessor.exclude.pack =true
and skip (re) packing that bundle?

I'm trying to help those that have trouble getting pack200 to "work right" and therefore turn it off for all their bundles.

Thanks for any comments and confirmation.

Back to the top