[buckminster-dev] Adding username an?==?utf-8?Q?d password to maven provider

Tom

I'd like to add username and password properties to the maven provider so that those credentials can be passed in the connection to the maven repositories. This is driven by the fact that, at work, we no longer have anonymous access to our maven repo.

I know this can be done by putting them in the URL but if I do, then any failed connections are visible in the debug output with the username and password. This is particularly a problem on the hudson build server, whose maven login should not be visible to all.

I'd like to suggest two optional property elements that can be children of the mavenProvider element in the rmap, with key="maven.username" and key="maven.password".
These properties will need to be expandable from the query scope, as I expect users will supply their username and password from the properties file given in the cquery.

This would then be used to create the connection context, in preference to the url if the properties are present.

I'll put a patch together if that's okay, in the next couple of days.

Regards

Alan

Back to the top