[buckminster-dev] different update site for a plugin

Hi Folk!

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to ask this, and I bet that the
answer is in the book, but I'm missing something.  Feel free to direct
me to a better place to ask (this is a userland question, not a dev
question, but I didn't see a -user list, and am not a big fan of forums).

The situation is:  I'm successfully building a product (based on an
existing plugin/feature), replete with update site, using bucky.  (Super
stoked, cool stuff, big thank you to the lightning project for putting
its headless build out with the blog entry)

Now I want a separate update site for the vanilla plugin/feature alone.

I created a feature for the site, but it's including all the plugins the
core plugin depends on, and I only want the core plugin itself.

I've tried this-- http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/645079/
--type of deal, but no dice, I still see the same plugins that are in
the product build.

Basically, I have an plugin that I've been providing as a "normal"
eclipse plugin, which I've (thanks to buckminster) successfully created
a headless product build for, which I would now like to offer the "old
way" I was doing it, an update site containing just my feature, and not
all of it's dependencies.

I feel I'm missing something obvious, which is par for the course, and
now I'll probably figure it out 5 minutes after I send this (although I
probably jinxed that by saying it aloud), but there it is.

Well, even if I just get directed to the forums-- props to the
buckminster team, it's a great project!

:Denny

--
If people do not believe that mathematics is simple, it is only because
they do not realize how complicated life is.  ~John Louis von Neumann

Back to the top