Re: [buckminster-dev] buckminster.download.source=true causes failure

On 2011-09-06 16:31, Alan Underwood wrote:
Hi, Thomas

I thought it might have been my misunderstanding of what source="true" means. However, I still have a problem resolving
the binary plug-in with buckminster.download.source=true when there is no source. I've looked at the
CSpecBuilder.addSourceDependency() method, which adds the source plugin dependency to the cspec and sets a filter on
that dependency to make it optional (I presume). The filter is:
(&(buckminster.download.source=true)(!(eclipse.p2.optional=false)))

But when it comes to resolving the child node (the .source plug-in) I don't think the filter applied to the dependency
is checked - I think it might be using the filter in the context it takes from the binary plug-in which is not optional,
but I find it difficult to follow the code.

I have checked the binary plug-in and it has no dependency on .source, the .source dependency is added by the
addSourceDependency() method.

Any ideas? Where in the code does the resolver check for filters such as eclipse.p2.optional?

The eclipse.p2.optional filter is generated synthetically when features or plug-ins have optional requirements. The Buckminster resolver will attempt to resolve such dependencies but will be forgiving if they are not found.

What kind of errors do you see and when?

- thomas

Back to the top