Re: [buckminster-dev] Newbie to Buckminster

Hi Paul,

On 11/09/2010 05:18 PM, Paul French wrote:
Hello All,

Been going round the houses to find a suitable tool to ease our pains
and Buckminster looks the ticket.

We have a number of PDE bundle projects where we use PAX runner to
launch the OSGi framework with a target platform (Knopflerfish + various
bundle jars)

I am trying to start simple and create a cquery to pull out all these
projects from CVS into our eclipse workspace. I’ve defined the RMAP, no
problems here. First question is how do I pass a CVS version or tag to
be used by my RMAP?

You enter a tag-branch path in your CQUERY. The cvs reader type will pick it up.

I created another project to hold a buckminster.cspec that holds a list
of dependent modules. All our modules are OSGi bundles. I was under the
impression that if I only specify the main application bundle in the
buckminster.cspec that all dependent bundles would also be materialized
for me. This does not happen, so I am wondering why not?

Our bundle manifests do not use “Require-Bundle” but we use
“Import-Package” so how would Buckminster calculate the dependencies for
our main application bundle? Is this possible or will I need to list all
the bundles myself in the buckminster.cspec?

Buckminster doesn't care about import/export package. You'll need to include the bundle somewhere else. Either in a feature (very common since it's often needed for the install) or in a cspec.

I’ve got loads more questions (yes I am reading the BuckyBook.pdf and
bits and pieces from the wiki) but I’ll save them based on the answers I
hope to get!!!

This is the 'buckminster-dev' list. It's intended for question regarding development of Buckminster itself. We also have a 'buckminster' list which is intended for everyone using Buckminster. I think you'll have a bigger chance of getting good answers there.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top