Re: [buckminster-dev] Running Buckminster via java -jar fails to import with JDK 1.5

Hi Andreas,

If I replace in the above code the java-execution with running the
buckminster shell script (and removing the -jar argument) then it works
just fine. No idea why that makes a difference.
Also using a JDK 1.6 < Update 19 (due to the certificate problems) the
java-invocation version works just fine. I'd really like to use a 1.5
JDK as we've had some problems with Eclipse accepting 1.6 code even
though we tried to set 1.5 source compliance everywhere.

if you execute the shell script without a -vm parameter, it will use the 'java' in the system path which naturally will not be the latest 1.5 you install with hudson. Can you try running the buckminster script and point it to the exact same JDK as in your build? i.e.
buckminster -vm /home/andreas/.hudson/tools/1.5_JDK/bin/java ...
Just to narrow it down if it's an issue with the java version or something else. The plugin has to start the equinox launcher jar directly btw, because using the buckminster script has some other nasty side effects (magic quoting of the shell...)

Regards,
Johannes

Back to the top