Re: [buckminster-dev] Hudson plugin and provisioning

Hi Johannes,

Johannes Utzig wrote:
[...]
If anybody reading this has a hudson running on a windows machine,

I have :)

I'd greatly appreciate a feedback if everything is working there too.

OK. What I just did was this:

* updated the buckminster plugin to version 0.9.4 via hudson's plugin manager
* configured a new auto-install Buckminster instance and requested it to be version 3.6
* created a new job using that new buckminster installation
* scheduled a build of the newly created job

This lead to:

  Unpacking http://download.eclipse.org/tools/buckminster/products/director_latest.zip to D:\Documents and Settings\MyUserName\.hudson\tools\Buckminster_3.6 on Hudson
  ERROR: Failed to install http://download.eclipse.org/tools/buckminster/products/director_latest.zip to D:\Documents and Settings\MyUserName\.hudson\tools\Buckminster_3.6
  Finished: FAILURE
Turned out this was caused by a missing proxy configuration. I already had a proxy set up in the Plugin Manager's Advanced section, installing and updating plugins works like a charm. So I

* restarted hudson using -DproxySet -DproxyHost...

which helped with the director download. I never used the auto installation before, so I don't know if e.g. installing an SDK would work without these options. The plugin should probably make use of the proxy settings as they are configured in the plugin manager, shouldn't it?

However, after having unpacked the director, the next step fails:

  Unpacking http://download.eclipse.org/tools/buckminster/products/director_latest.zip to D:\Documents and Settings\MyUserName\.hudson\tools\Buckminster_3.6 on Hudson
  [buckminster] $ sh -e "D:\Documents and Settings\MyUserName\.hudson\tools\Buckminster_3.6\buckminster\hudson7672730827943675296.sh"
  D:\Documents and Settings\MyUserName\.hudson\tools\Buckminster_3.6\buckminster\hudson7672730827943675296.sh: no such file or directory: \D:\Documents%20and%20Settings\MyUserName\.hudson\tools\Buckminster_3.6\director\\director [1]
  ERROR: Command returned status 1
  Finished: FAILURE

At first glance, I expected the sh call to fail as I'm under windows, but it turned out I actually have sh.exe on my PATH. This will be an issue for windows installations. Unfortunately the hudson7672730827943675296.sh does no longer exist, so I could not check what it actually tried to do. The %20 seems odd... it's always these blanks under windows...

The director directory exists as it was used above (if I replace "%20" by " "). If you replace sh by cmd.exe, the plugin will have to use director.bat (instead of director) to run the installation.

Just let me know if you need more information or another test run ;)

Regards,
Daniel

Back to the top