Re: [buckminster-dev] eclemma version

Hi Achim,

On 03/03/2010 09:23 PM, Achim Demelt wrote:
That's IP related. I though "Better safe than sorry," so I restricted the
version to the one that has been approved.

I think that might be a tad to restrictive. The IP controls what we can deliver from our update site but that doesn't mean that we must restrict the version range. I think we can control that using the releng cquery.

If eclemma uses version semantics similar to ours (API remains stable unless major or minor number changes), then I suggest we use the range [1.4.0,1.5.0) to avoid conflicts as much as possible.

My concern is that we don't provide the full eclemma from our update site. If someone installs eclemma with ui and all into their IDE, they will get 1.4.3. Subsequent attempts to install Buckminster will then fail (as I just experienced).

Given that there's only been one
fix in 1.4.3 [1] I'm not sure if we should push for a new CQ. Let's not
waste the precious IP resources at the foundation and wait until there's
either

a) significant benefit in upgrading to a new version
b) a serious bugfix that we need to pass on to our users.

Cheers,
  Achim

[1] http://www.eclemma.org/changes.html

I agree that this fix doesn't motivate a new CQ.

- thomas

Back to the top