Re: [buckminster-dev] iX CeBIT Forum 2010 Talk

Hi Henrik,

On 08.01.2010 17:55, Henrik Lindberg wrote:
Hi,
Sounds great. If you need any slides, let me know and I can email you the powerpoint slides from ESE for instance, or if you want illustrations from the Buckminster book.

Great, thanks. I didn't make it to ESE, but I really liked your EclipseCon'09 talk and some overview illustrations from there would be really appreciated. It's still a bit until I get notification if my talk is accepted (start of February), but I think I'll go ahead and start preparing the talk now anyway and subject our JUG to it beforehand.

On the topic of questions and possible confusions...
...some have a hard time with the fact that the headeless build is the same as the IDE build, and think that using "the IDE when building headlessly" is a huge overhead. They do not seem to get their head around the fact that is just a bunch of bundles that just happens to be used in headless fashion or inside an IDE. Somehow they think that "IDE bits" are heavier to use than "non IDE bits" :)

Ah, interesting :) I'll try to make that clear...

A piece of general advice...
... try to stay high level, there are many concepts in Buckminster - lots of terms etc. at it is easy to overwhelm the audience by explaining too much too early (heads tend to explode :) - hence the very simple summary slides in the beginning of our Buckminster presentation - even if things get more complicated later, the simple images and ideas from the start of the presentation hopefully sticks to people's minds.

That's good advice, thanks. I'll probably only be able to give a high-level introduction anyway and then get to some details in the experience report part since I only have 20-25 minutes :(

Best regards,
Carsten

Back to the top