Re: [buckminster-dev] How to improve mapping rules in the Aggregator

On 2009-12-08 10:45, Karel Brezina wrote:
Do we agree that version ranges are needed in the model? I think, it's
very annoying to update versions every time MDR is updated.

I agree. Version ranges are needed.

Thomas, how would you add version ranges to the current model without
breaking it too much?

As a first step, I would replace the code that resolves the proxy reference from the InstallableUnitReference to the InstallableUnit with one that understands both the current URI and one using id + version range.

Second, I would make sure that when a reference is established (by user selecting a mapped IU, either by drag-n-drop or by selecting in a list), proxy URI using a range is created. Initially, this range would be open ended.

Third, I would provide the GUI necessary to alter the range boundaries (i.e. tweak the proxy). This is probably just a matter of adding a custom derived property to the model (or perhaps more then one to bring clarity).

Fourth, I would add the validation that verifies that selected features don't overlap and doesn't create conflicts.

- thomas

Back to the top