Re: [buckminster-dev] How to improve mapping rules in the Aggregator

A rule is somewhat different then a MapRequest in my view. A rule can apply to zero or many mapped things, or even to a whole aggregation. It all depends on what the rule describes. Ideally, I think rules should be expressed as p2QL query expressions so that it's possible to say things like "exclude all translation fragments" or "exclude IU's that include this property". Using p2QL to define the scope for the rule would also give us pattern matching for free.

The p2QL seems to be very powerful, but it could be quite complex for this usage.

Anyway, what would be wrong with a rule "include IUs that include this property"?

I still feel that rules for inclusion and rules for exclusion should be the same.

Karel

Back to the top