[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [buckminster-dev] Custom materialization of Maven artifacts
- From: Thomas Hallgren <thomas@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 22:49:42 -0000
- Newsgroups: eclipse.tools.buckminster-dev
- Organization: EclipseCorner
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20090814 Fedora/3.0-2.6.b3.fc11 Lightning/1.0pre Thunderbird/3.0b3
On 10/06/2009 04:17 PM, Steve Jerman wrote:
The CQUERY describes the actions to take during the resolution. The MSPEC is about what to do once the resolution has
completed and it's time to download. The intermediate result can be saved as a Bill Of Materials (BOM) and materialized
in different ways on different machines.
I'm 70% sure I wrote a reply yesterday.. maybe I forgot to hit send...
Anyway, if I look at what I want to do...
I would like to be able to have a single file that defines both the
artifacts and their dependencies and gives me the abilty to override the
default materiazation behavior.Having to edit the MSPEC to tweak
materialization is a little 'after the fact. I guess what I am saying is
that I like the general concept of what you are suggestion but why can't
it be in the CQUERY as opposed to the MSPEC.
We have a bugzilla where we discuss a more composite format, i.e. one file that contains it all. See:
Few other points whilst I am at it...
1) Why cant we specify multiple root nodes in a CQUERY? If I am trying
to materialize a workspace I may want to pull in unrelated projects.
Good question. Add yourself as CC on https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=286487
2) Am I right in thinking that the Maven2 materializer can't deal with
The resolver will traverse dependencies. Not all the semantics are covered though. We use groupId, artifactId, version.