[buckminster-dev] Re: WorkspaceCatchUpJob blocks UI

Hi Thomas,

ok, I will focus only on the UI part then since this won't impact other parts of the system. I'll work on this after work and submit my results to bugzilla so you can review the approach. I was planning to assign the job to a job-family so clients (like the action) may wait for the job by using the job-manager. Once the job has a family, the same approach can then be used to have all callers of WorkspaceInfo wait for the job while its running and that would solve the threading issues with the current implementation. That's just one possible approach of course...

Best regards,
Johannes

Thomas Hallgren schrieb:
Hi Johannes,
I've noticed this too and made the same conclusion. So a patch would be very appreciated. The partial results must be investigated of course. That's never OK.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Johannes Utzig wrote:
ok, some further testing revealed that the job indeed needs to finish before there are reliable results. I would therefore like to change the behaviour of the Dialog and the AbstractCSpecAction so they are no longer freezing the UI. If that's ok with you, I'd like to create a bug and submit a patch during the weekend.

However, it still seems strange to me that the first caller gets blocked, while subsequent callers to WorkspaceInfo return immediatly with potentially partial results....

Best regards,
Johannes

Back to the top