[buckminster-dev] Re: Check-in comments

Achim Demelt wrote:

In a similar vein, I'd like to ask what others think about mentioning the bugzilla number in inline code comments, too. That's not always appropriate, of course. A huge new feature: no. A seemingly inconspicuous "if"-statement to prevent a MysteriousMoonPhaseException later on, as reported by a user from Alpha Centauri: yes.

+1 - for the cases where the new code does something that looks odd or where you think someone is tempted to make subsequent changes and they should be aware of all the consequences. (Reference to fixed issues in ECF helped me understand why certain things worked the way they did, and prevented me from making some tempting changes to timeout values).

- henrik

Back to the top