Re: [buckminster-dev] New version of Buckminster Book available (rev0.5)

Hi Thomas
Great response - thanks for taking the time to write all that up, it
is most appreciated!

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 7:31 AM, Thomas Hallgren<thomas@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> 3. You cannot make Buckminster look into one SVN branch and if not found,
> fall back to another. This is because Buckminster, not knowing that it deals
> with branches, will select the most suitable component from all places that
> it looks in.

Ah, this behaviour is familiar from my Clearcase days - you only branch
the resources you actually change, and the resolution (visibility in view
in the ccase sense) is made by checking the branch first, then the precursor
branch and eventually back to trunk.

I guess this is a resolution behaviour that is not SCM-bound, and so it
needed to be built into Buckminster. That makes sense.

Thanks for the examples, I shall do some experimentation with them.

 cheers
  --oh

Back to the top