Re: [buckminster-dev] fetcher questions

Great - thanks!
I will include this information in the documentation.

It actually means that users have to be careful since they can't use the * and ? operators as in a full reqular expression, and if they entered escapes with \ on windows, this is replaced with /. If for some reason, the names the user is trying to match requires use of other special regexp characters - these can't be matched.

I am not saying you should change the implementation - not until someone actually has an issue (if ever).

Regards
- henrik

Guillaume Chatelet wrote:
Hi Henrik,

I had to check before answering you : )
So it is regular expressions as you guessed but with a little bit of tweaking so it's much easier to write.
Here is the relevant piece of code :

    p = p.replace(SEP, "/");
    p = p.replace(".", "\\.");
    p = p.replace("*", ".*");
    p = p..replace("?", ".?");

If a separator is found / or \ depending on the platform, it is converted to / If a dot is found it is converted to the dot character in the regular expression : \\.
* => .*
? => .?

So it's much closer to a bash regular expression.

Guillaume