[buckminster-dev] Re: Dependency Visualization

Hi,

I had some time since the last post to work an the visualization and these are the latest changes:

-better path highlighting. so far 3 kinds of relationships are implemented for highlighting:
	-path to direct dependencies of the selected component
	-path to components that directly require the selected component
	-path to root request. (either shortest, or all)
each way of highlighting can be selectively enabled/disabled and is additive to the other selected highlightings

-tooltips on components to reveal some details
-sash form between navigation tree and graph viewer
-better resize behavior
-bugfixes
-tidier code base and architecture

Unfortunately something seems to be broken in the Zest zooming support, so that feature didn't make it into the visualization just yet and it's still just registered as a bom editor because I couldn't think of other useful integration points.

Apart from that it I think it's pretty usable already and I'm curious what you want me to add/change/do before you'd consider to accept it as a contribution.

Attached are some updated screenshots to get an impression as well as the exported bundle including source code.

Remarks for the screenshots:
light green = root component (either cquery root, or drilled down)
green = path to root component
orange = direct dependencies
blue = components that directly depend on the selected component
yellow = current selection

Best regards,
Johannes

PNG image