Re: [buckminster-dev] Re: Tutorial for building an RCP from hudson

>> If the RCP needs more than the bare platform, would you write several
>> mspecs to import or introduce another component (cspec, or feature?) to
>> describe the contents of the target platform?
>>
> No, I would use one mspec and make the rmap richer. Or perhaps appoint the
> Galileo release instead of just the Eclipse Platform (Galileo includes the
> platform). If need be, appoint Galileo+
> http://download.cloudsmith.com/galileoplus/ (Galileo plus a lot of stuff
> that isn't hosted at Eclipse.org. Subversion connectors for instance).

How would making the RMAP richer help? There can be only one root request
per CQUERY. If _one_ feature doesn't describe your whole platform, you'd
either have to define a pseudo-feature or a Buckminster component with a
CSPEC. We went for the second approach. The only drawback is that the p2
materializer can only cope with eclipse.feature and osgi.bundle components.
We therefore have this additional line in our MSPEC:

<md:mspecNode namePattern=".*" componentType="buckminster" exclude="true"/>

But maybe I'm missing something here...

Achim

Back to the top