[buckminster-dev] Re: Tutorial for building an RCP from hudson

Johannes Utzig wrote:

... how to make buckminster behave well as a 'meta scm' for hudson? How to force an update on every build, how to retrieve the commit logs? If you show me the way , I'll do my best to implement the dirty little details.

OK, let's try and resolve this. My knowledge of Hudson is very limited so I think we need to meet half way here. Can you give me some pointers to where and how an SCM would be hooked in?

I know you said that the check-out is made before the build, but perhaps this could be set up as two builds? The first would just produce a list of things to check-out/update and Hudson would uses that the second. The way to accomplish that would be to run a buckminster import that just produces a BOM (no materialization), then extract the relevant SCM entries from the BOM and feed that list to Hudson.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top