Re: [buckminster-dev] Re: Tutorial for building an RCP from hudson

Johannes Utzig wrote:
-import an mspec into a not-yet-existing target platform? Did I get this part right? That sounds really nice, I didn't know that was possible...

Yes, that's right.

I'm not sure I'm completly understanding all of this just yet, so let me try to put it together. For the tutorial this would mean:

1. buckminster uses an mspec to materialize a platform independant target platform out of thin air

2. set the target platform to the output of 1

3. resolve a cquery for mailapp.product.feature (bundles and features will be fetched from SVN, the rest comes from the target platform)

4. build site

5. create product with p2 director

Is that kinda what you meant?

Yes.

If the RCP needs more than the bare platform, would you write several mspecs to import or introduce another component (cspec, or feature?) to describe the contents of the target platform?

No, I would use one mspec and make the rmap richer. Or perhaps appoint the Galileo release instead of just the Eclipse Platform (Galileo includes the platform). If need be, appoint Galileo+ http://download.cloudsmith.com/galileoplus/ (Galileo plus a lot of stuff that isn't hosted at Eclipse.org. Subversion connectors for instance).

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top