Re: [buckminster-dev] Re: Tutorial for building an RCP from hudson

I generally structure my rmaps to prioritize local providers and then if
they fail, fall back to SCM checkout providers. This makes for fast
local builds for me, but for CI builds, I always check out from the
SCM. I don't use a resolutionFilter to do this - I just have the providers
in series, i.e.

    <searchPath name="sca.features">
       <provider readerType="local"
componentTypes="eclipse.feature,osgi.bundle" mutable="true"
source="false">
          <uri format="{0}/org.eclipse.stp.sca/features/{1}">
              <bc:propertyRef key="project.root" />
              <bc:propertyRef key="buckminster.component" />
          </uri>
       </provider>
       <provider readerType="svn"
componentTypes="osgi.bundle,eclipse.feature,buckminster"
mutable="true" source="true">
          <uri format="http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/stp/org.eclipse.stp.sca-tools/org.eclipse.stp.sca/trunk/features/{0}";>
              <bc:propertyRef key="buckminster.component" />
          </uri>
       </provider>
    </searchPath>

Am I missing some supercool Buckminster feature I could be using
instead? (most likely ;)

> IMO, Buckminster now has an even better way to populate the target platform.
> Simply use the eclipse.import reader and the p2 materializer.

The eclipse.import reader I know about, but not the p2 materializer
- is there an example of how to use this anywhere I could look at?
I usually create the platforms manually, and stick with them - changes
occur infrequently (except with release train :)  - but I don't want to
keep doing that, automation being the goal.

  cheers
  --oh

Back to the top