Re: [buckminster-dev] Re: Executing JUnit tests with headless Buckminster

I like Git but my preference would still be if Subversion was used since I know my ways around and also need it for other apparent reasons anyway. The same is true for other Buckminster committers.

Google code sounds like a good start. IIRC, they use Subversion.

- thomas

Dann Martens wrote:
Hi Oisin,

I have no preferences, except for one thing: not having to fight with the tooling while we are cooperating. Other than that, I'm keen to work with Git.

@Achim, will you do the honors in selecting something?

Best regards,
 Dann

Oisin Hurley wrote:
I don't mind Git, but perhaps the Eclipse Git integration hasn't reached
production quality yet (feedback)?

Just on this topic, I haven't had any trouble with the tools, but
my disclaimer is that I haven't yet used a Git-based project in
any really serious fashion.

I have a hunch that the 'production quality' argument is a piece
of received wisdom that has been knocking around long enough
for the eGit plugin to have been considerably improved :)

In any case, whatever works and is the easiest to set up, I
think. Getting the sharing started is the important piece,
rather than the choice of initial mechanism.

 --oh

Back to the top