Re: [buckminster-dev] Buckminster, headless and making the two co-operate

Sorry to bother you guys, this was a JVM problem that has nothing to do with Buckminster. I used the -vm parameter to point it to the Sun JVM and all of a sudden I was able to resolve my project.

Torsten Schlabach schrieb:
Hi!

I have a working setup of Buckminster (in my IDE) and I have a Buckminster headless installation. So to explain my problem in a simple way:

Works for me:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Hello_XML_World_Example_(Buckminster)

So that's using Buckminster in an IDE.

Also works for me (partially):

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Sample_headless_configuration_(Buckminster)

I was able to finish the "Installing required features" section, so I am here:

./buckminster listsite
Features:
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.headless.feature_1.1.340.r10056 (Buckminster - Core Headless) org.eclipse.buckminster.cvs.headless.feature_1.0.0.r09930 (Buckminster - CVS support for headless operation) org.eclipse.buckminster.maven.feature_1.1.0.r09904 (Buckminster - Maven support) org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.headless.feature_1.1.340.r10061 (Buckminster - PDE support for headless operation)
  org.eclipse.buckminster.product_1.1.340.r10068 (Buckminster Product)
org.eclipse.buckminster.subversive.headless.feature_1.0.0.r09908 (Buckminster - Subversive based SVN support for headless operation)

Now I am trying to do something useful as described under "Let's try loading a workspace with some very simple test components:"

Unfortunately

http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/samples/queries/build_a.cquery

(the URL used in the example)

is a 404.

So I tried the URL from the other IDE based Howto:

./buckminster -data fridaysworkspace resolve http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/samples/queries/demo.cquery

All I am getting is a single line of output:

org.xml.sax.SAXNotSupportedException: http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema

I guess this may very well be because my headless environment does not have a lot of stuff in it. It might not even have a Java compiler for examples, does it?

But my question is: How would I

a) determine and
b) install

the features I would need in my headless environment to build my app?

Regards,
Torsten