From: buckminster-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:buckminster-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Adrian Skehill
Sent: Sunday, October 05, 2008 1:39 PM
To: Thomas Hallgren
Cc: Buckminster developer discussions
Subject: Re: [buckminster-dev] Struggling with Buckminster to produce a
product

Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> Hi Mark,
> It doesn't need to be very detailed. Something like "Buckminster
> generated product does not start" and then attach the generated
> config.ini and the log output.
>
> - thomas
>
> Addleman, Mark J wrote:
>> I could but I'm not entirely sure what the bug is.
>> This really pushes the edge of my understanding of Eclipse and I'm
>> afraid I wouldn't describe it well.  If you give me the text, I'll go

>> ahead and enter it.

Mark,

For the moment while this bug is being investigated, you could simply
use the eclipse generated config.ini. All the magic happens when you
load the configurator plugin, it basically sets about telling equinox
about all the plugins, and will launch the eclipse framework for you.

I'm after having a pretty painful week working on the config.ini stuff,
docs seems to be a little sketchy on it, after much tweaking I've
settled using a hardcoded config.ini with only the minimal amount of
plugins listed in it.

HTH,
Adrian.