[buckminster-dev] Plugin dependencies and cspex file

Looking in the archives, it is clear that Buckminster supports only specified dependencies (in the manifest.mf file) during its actions.

Hi Ikuo,
We are currently looking at how we can improve the Buckminster search algorithms so that it
will be able to find bundles based on a need to import specific packages. Someone must
provide a list of bundles that can be searched for exports that match. The problem is a bit
similar to finding a suitable runtime implementation for something that implements an
interface that you have expressed a dependency towards.

The design is not yet finished, so the current answer to your question is no, we cannot
resolve these dependencies today. You will need to add a bundle requirement or a feature
that will bring the providing bundles into the graph somehow in order for it to build properly.

Kind Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Due to this, I decided that I would create a cspex extension file and add the dependencies directly:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<cspecExtension

      xmlns:bc="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/Common-1.0"

      xmlns="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/CSpec-1.0">

      <dependencies>

        <!-- Place your Dependencies here -->

        <dependency name="OSGi_Project" componentType="osgi.bundle"

            versionDesignator="1.0.0" versionType="OSGi"/>

      </dependencies>

</cspecExtension>

Strangely, this doesn’t work (the dependency isn’t resolved).  It still doesn’t work if I add the OSGi_Project to my manifest file as a dependency.  It does work if I remove my extension file and keep the OSGi_Project in my manifest file.

Is this a bug?  Should this work?  I note that in the response above, the solution was not to create an extension file (which seemed the obvious solution to me, but then, what do I know), but rather to add the dependency to the manifest or to create a feature.

Joseph Campolongo

Charles River Analytics, Inc.

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED FOR THE USE OF THE PERSON TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED. IT MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. If you are not the intended recipient, your use of this message for any purpose is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete the message and notify the sender so that we may correct our records.

Back to the top