Re: [buckminster-dev] Different builds using Buckminster

Hi Mikhail,

Mikhail Kadan wrote:
Q1: My target platform location ("installLocation" in MSPEC) has to be set to "{target.location}" Buckminster property (which points to current target platform I guess) instead of hardcoded to "c:/temp". How can this be done?
You should use materializer="targetPlatform" and the installLocation should either be null (in which case you get the target platform of the installer) or an absolute path pointing to a valid target platform.

Q2: Can I automatically package plugins into jars when materializing to filesystem? I've found "unpack" node, but unfortunately not a "pack" one :'(
Not sure I understand. The plug-in *is* a jar when you download it. If you don't unpack, it will remain a jar.

Q3: How can I automatically "Reload" target platform, after I have materialized all the plugins to let Eclipse know that they have changed? This I think have to be roughly equivalent to pressing "Reload" button on "Preferences -> Plug-in Development -> Target Platform" page. Is there an Ant task for this or I have to create my own?

I think you need to create your own ant-task for this. I would consider it a good contribution to Buckminster if you'd like to submit a patch.

Q4: What exactly is "targetPlatform" materializer and how it can be used? I've tried to specify it and always got an error:
[0000] : Unable to obtain URI for plC:osgi.bundle$1.0.0#OSGi

The targetPlatform materializer will use the update manager (the old one at present) to install features or free-standing plug-ins into the designated target platform. I'm not sure why you get the error you get. What is plC in this case and how was it obtained?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top