RE: [buckminster-dev] Problem running cquery to retrieve source code from Perforce

Hi Thomas,

I updated my installation with the new version and it gets further.
However, now I get the following message:

Error
Tue Mar 25 18:26:46 GMT 2008
[0001] : java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Prefix string too short

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Prefix string too short
	at java.io.File.createTempFile(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.File.createTempFile(Unknown Source)
	at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.reader.AbstractReader.createTempFile(Abstra
ctReader.java:93)
	at
org.eclipse.buckminster.p4.internal.P4RemoteReader.innerGetContents(P4Re
moteReader.java:200)
	at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.reader.AbstractCatalogReader.getContents(Ab
stractCatalogReader.java:95)
	at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.reader.RemoteFile.getContents(RemoteFile.ja
va:42)
	at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.reader.RemoteFileCache$1.materialize(Remote
FileCache.java:41)
	at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.helpers.CacheEntry.initialize(ShortDuration
FileCache.java:137)
	at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.helpers.ShortDurationFileCache.open(ShortDu
rationFileCache.java:77)
	at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.helpers.ShortDurationFileCache.open(ShortDu
rationFileCache.java:51)
	at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.reader.RemoteFileCache.openRemoteFile(Remot
eFileCache.java:36)
	at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.CorePlugin.openCachedRemoteFile(CorePlugin.
java:454)
	at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.reader.AbstractRemoteReader.innerReadFile(A
bstractRemoteReader.java:66)
	at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.reader.AbstractCatalogReader.readFile(Abstr
actCatalogReader.java:148)
	at
org.eclipse.buckminster.maven.internal.MavenCSpecBuilder.build(MavenCSpe
cBuilder.java:80)
	at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.ctype.AbstractComponentType.getResolution(A
bstractComponentType.java:282)
	at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.ctype.AbstractComponentType.getComponentVer
sion(AbstractComponentType.java:144)
	at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.version.AbstractVersionFinder.getVersionFro
mArtifacts(AbstractVersionFinder.java:75)
	at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.version.AbstractSCCSVersionFinder.getBestTr
unkMatch(AbstractSCCSVersionFinder.java:337)
	at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.version.AbstractSCCSVersionFinder.getBestVe
rsion(AbstractSCCSVersionFinder.java:155)
	at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.rmap.model.Provider.findMatch(Provider.java
:211)
	at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.rmap.model.SearchPath.getProvider(SearchPat
h.java:104)
	at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.rmap.model.ResourceMap.resolve(ResourceMap.
java:166)
	at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.ResourceMapResolver.innerResolve(R
esourceMapResolver.java:244)
	at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.ResolverNodeWithJob.resolve(Resolv
erNodeWithJob.java:214)
	at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.ResolverNodeWithJob.run(ResolverNo
deWithJob.java:94)
	at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.ResolverNodeWithJob$NodeResolution
Job.run(ResolverNodeWithJob.java:49)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

The URI in my rmap follows same pattern as my example before, i.e.

<uri format="p4://xxxxxxxxx:1666/depot/mainline/module" />

Where, 'depot' is the name of our depot, mainline is the branch, and
'module' is the name of our module in Perforce. Is this the correct
format for the perforce URI? I can't find any examples for Perforce
readers anywhere.

Thanks,
James.