Re: [buckminster-dev] some questions on Buckminster

Alex Chen wrote:

- About your answer on my third question:
a) If one project depend on several other Eclipse projects, then it's better to prepare them(binary) before kick off building? e.g. STP depend on WTP, DTP etc, for headless, I don't think downloading/updating them automatically in every building is good
I agree. If you have a loosely coupled relationship to those projects it's probably better to set up a target platform that contains all the needed binaries and build against that. A target like that tends to move much less frequently then the rest of the build. The projects where I've been involved have typically settled for one revision of a target platform such as "The Europa Fall release" or similar.

b) On example of Buckminster building, could you give me more detail on nightly of Buckminster? i.e. headless
I'm not sure what you're after here. Do you mean the actual ant-scripts that can be kicked off on a nightly basis?

c) When I invoke "build.product", does it run testing too?
No, that action is just a build.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top