Re: [buckminster-dev] Using Buckminster with the STP Project

Hi Adrian,

I tried to run your resolution on my machine and got similar results.

The problem is primarily caused by following dependencies:

org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.ui.dse plug-ins requires plug-ins
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.ui/[0.9.1,1.5.0)
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity/[0.9.1,1.5.0)

and

org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.ui plug-ins requires plug-in
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity/[0.9.1,1.5.0)

When resolving against the target platform, the version designators are not fully recognized and are replaced with designators with meaning "compatible versions" and thus the [0.9.1,1.5.0) designator is replaced with the [0.9.1,1.0.0) designator (preserving just the major version number). However, during the resolution only the "1.0.0.q" version is found and thus the designator [0.9.1,1.0.0) does not designate the version which has been found.

The situation is a bit different if you resolve against the CVS repository. In that case, the version designator will be constructed from the MANIFEST.MF file and will be correct.

For excluding the target platform from the resolution, add an advisor node to your cquery as follows:

<cq:advisorNode namePattern="org\.eclipse\.datatools\.connectivity\.*" useInstalled="false"/>

(see attached file to see the complete modified cquery)

Uncomment everything in your rmap again and try to resolve with the modified cquery. All org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.* plug-ins should now be taken from CVS with correct version ranges.

Note: Depending on what version of Buckminster you are using, you might see a warning like

Use of deprecated attribute <provider componentType> Use attribute 'componentTypes' instead : file:/tmp/stp.rmap, line 32.

It's caused by a change of RMAP schema in recent BM versions. For getting rid of this warning, just replace "componentType" attribute name with the "componentTypes" name.

Regards
  Filip Hrbek

Adrian Skehill napsal(a):
Hi Guys,

I've been doing some experimentation with getting buckminster up and running with the STP. I went through the wiki page tutorial and took out the sample rmap and cquery. They were out of date, but I've done some updates with them to bring them up to comply with current schemas. These two files are attached.

So all goes well until it tries to resolve the datatools.connectivity project. I commented it out from the rmap to see could I get it to use the datatools (DTP project) plugins installed in my target eclipse but I get the following error:

Component request org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity:plugin/1.0.0#OSGi is inconflict with request org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity:plugin/[0.9.1,1.0.0)#OSGi

Uncommenting the SearchPath in the rmap, I get the following error:

Provider cvs(:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/datatools,org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity/R1.0/org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.ui): CSPEC rejected: [0.9.1,1.0.0) does not designate 1.0.0.200612191 Provider cvs(:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/datatools,org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity/R1.0/org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity): CSPEC rejected: [0.9.1,1.0.0) does not designate 1.0.0.200612111 Provider cvs(:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/datatools,org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity/R1.0/org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity): CSPEC rejected: [0.9.1,1.0.0) does not designate 1.0.0.200612111

When I hit re-resolve.

Any ideas that I could try?

Much obliged,
Adrian Skehill.

IONA Technologies.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<cq:componentQuery xmlns:cq="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/CQuery-1.0"; resourceMap="file:/tmp/stp.rmap">
    <cq:rootRequest name="org.eclipse.stp.soas.feature" componentType="eclipse.feature"/>
    <cq:advisorNode namePattern="org\.eclipse\.datatools\.connectivity\.*" useInstalled="false"/>
</cq:componentQuery>

Back to the top