Re: [buckminster-dev] IP-issues and hosting

I thought I'd write down the discussions we had.

I agree that the IP process is slow and tedious, and we are willing to
help with any information needed to go through it.

In the long term I think the place for the Maven provider is here at
Buckminster, it makes more sense and having it at Apache would have
other problems too as giving commit rights is not easy either.

I'm still considering whether or not it would be good to have it hosted
elsewhere while the IP process is not finished, there were some concerns
on the past about doing this so I'm still gathering some info.

But definitely I think it's a pain we'll have to go through and
hopefully will be mitigated after this first import, and also because
other projects will benefit from having these libraries available and
will likely help getting new versions approved.

Back to the top