[buckminster-dev] Renumbering due to Incubation Status

Hello All,

We've renumbered our release numbering scheme in order to be compliant with the Eclipse incubation guidelines. One of the criteria is that the project releases be numbered "pre-1.0." For this reason (and only for this reason!), we've renumbered the current Buckminster release starting at 0.1.0.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the new guidelines, a primary benefit of "incubation" status is to make the new Parallel IP Process. The Maven team will be making a significant code contribution to Buckminster over the next several weeks, and we'd like to make this available to the community as soon as possible.

Full IP review for new contributions takes several months. Under the Parallel IP Process, the code can be accepted into the Eclipse codebase following a two-week IP review process.

Sorry for any inconvenience or confusion this causes.

|mitch

Back to the top