Re: [buckminster-dev] Updating the classpath when the cspec changes

Hi Carlos,
Yes, we could of course add the classpath container automatically when pom file is added (or discovered). I see a couple of problems with that approach though. Assume that the project is an OSGi bundle and the pom dependencies reflect jars that the bundle must have in order to function. Such jars must be added to the manifest.mf and when they are, they will be automatically included in the PDE classpath container and any attempt to also add the Buckminster classpath container will result in a collision.

Perhaps an interim solution until we've worked out all possible cases would be to add the Buckminster classpath container in case no other classpath container is present.

What do you think?

- thomas

Carlos Sanchez wrote:
After Thomas change, every time a pom.xml file in a maven project is
updated the CSpec is also updated with the dependencies from the pom.

Would it be possible to also update the project classpath?

My .classpath look like this

<classpath>
  <classpathentry kind="src" path="src/main/java"/>
  <classpathentry kind="src" output="target/test-classes"
    path="src/test/java"/>
  <classpathentry kind="con"
    path="org.eclipse.buckminster.jdt.requiredComponents"/>
  <classpathentry kind="con"
    path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER"/>
  <classpathentry kind="output" path="target/classes"/>
</classpath>

I added by hand the buckminster classpathentry