Re: [buckminster-dev] org.eclipse.osgi:plugin component/ plugin error when trying to invoke Action

Hi Ravi,
It sounds like you've installed one product (the Buckminster headless) on top of another product (the Eclipse IDE). I'm not sure that it will work. I think you should try and keep the products separate or you will clobber one configuration with the other.

An alternative that is more likely to work for you if you want to use your IDE in a headless way is to install Buckminster into it (without the headless features) and then copy only the buckminster.bat from another headless installation into your IDE installation. Don't copy anything else.

The headless Buckminster features that you see on the update site contains stuff that you already have in your IDE so you won't need them. The only thing you'll need is the buckminster.bat.

Kind Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Ravi Roy wrote:
Hi Thomas,

When I try to invoke action using BuckminsteràInvoke Action on a plugin which is in my eclipse workspace. I get an error saying that “No component named org.eclipse.osgi:plugin is known to Buckminster”.

I have installed Buckminster product packaging (for headless build as suggested by you earlier) and other necessary plugins through archive site in Eclipse (3.2.1) IDE.

Following Buckminster builds have been installated in Eclipse IDE.

Buckminster-archivesite-v20061227.zip

Buckminster-product-1.0.0.v20061227.zip.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for pointers!

Regards,

Ravi.