[buckminster-dev] Enhancing buckminister for php

Hi guys

I am thinking about possible enhancements that I can do to improve the
appeal of buckminister to the php community. To my understanding pear and
pecl (c extensions) are popular repositories for php extensions. Is there
any other extension anyone is aware of that I should target ?

pear packages can be easily installed on both windows and linux by using
pear command line interface (cli). pecl packages can be easily installed on
linux by using yum or apt-get.

I can use the information in pear and pecl packages to generate a cspec. I I
am confused whether I can simply invoke the pear/apt-get/yum command from
inside buckminister to install pear packages. This would be easy and I will
be relying on a stable well-tested pear cli, however reporting errors
properly would be tough as paraphrasing the output of pear may be tough.
Alternatively I can explore the steps that yum/apt-get/pear perform in
installation and then code them in java.

I would sincerely appreciate any feedback.

Regards
Atul

Back to the top