[buckminster-dev] Re: Subversive support

Hi John,
the Subversive integration does indeed support both modes. We currently are using it on our CruiseControl server for headless builds and also for materializations being done by our developers. We
currently have one team (of 5 people) working (and at the same time testing) with the Subversive plugin and everything seems to be going ok.

I still would like to check out the new features of the Subversive APIs that were added already a while ago. As Igor mentioned, those changes were, among others, specifically done for integrating
Subversive into other systems. Haven't found time yet to see if the Buckminster Subversive plugin could benefit from it.

Kind regards,
Thomas

John R. Fallows wrote:
Hi Thomas,

The Buckminster Subclipse integration supports both IDE and headless modes. Would the Buckminster Subversive integration support both of these modes as well?

Kind Regards,
John Fallows
Brane Corporation.

Thomas Spiessens wrote:
Hi guys,
I have finished my Buckminster plugin with Subversive support. As Thomas has asked, I have named it org.eclipse.buckminster.subversive and org.eclipse.buckminster.subversive.feature. I have used "subversive" as readerType indication in the rmap file. Is this good for you ?

Currently, the subversive and subclipse plugin both contain lots of common code. It might be a good idea to do some refactoring to squeeze out the common parts.

Maybe it's also a good idea to change the "svn" readerType in the rmap file to "subclipse" to better reflect the actual plugin being used. In this way, there would be two Subversion reader types, "subclipse" and "subversive".

We will test the plugin first a bit more before I hand it over to you for review. For example: I would certainly like to test the plugin against different repository layouts to make sure that it not only works on the uber-layout structure that we are using :)

When we have done testing it, should I just zip the 2 projects and send it over to one of you ?

Kind regards,
Thomas.

Back to the top