[buckminster-dev] Re: Problems getting started with Headless Buckminster

Hi Eugene,
I've seen the concept of adaptable used in many places in Eclipse but I'm not sure I fully understand the semantics of it. In particular, when and how will the adapter factory be utilized?

For instance, how do you make sure the adapter factory comes into play prior to situations like this:

if (sa instanceof IEncodedStreamContentAccessor) {
    try {
        encoding= ((IEncodedStreamContentAccessor) sa).getCharset();
    } catch (Exception e) {
    }
}

?

I see this type of construct in a number of places in Eclipse.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top