[buckminster-dev] Re: Question about dependancy description and resolution

Hi Ikuo,
We are currently looking at how we can improve the Buckminster search algorithms so that it will be able to find bundles based on a need to import specific packages. Someone must provide a list of bundles that can be searched for exports that match. The problem is a bit similar to finding a suitable runtime implementation for something that implements an interface that you have expressed a dependency towards.

The design is not yet finished, so the current answer to your question is no, we cannot resolve these dependencies today. You will need to add a bundle requirement or a feature that will bring the providing bundles into the graph somehow in order for it to build properly.

Kind Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Ikuo Yamasaki wrote:
Hi,

I have a question about dependancies and resolutions in Buckminster.

Generally speaking, OSGi bundles (=eclipse plugins) have two
kinds of dependancies on others specified in the following Manifest
headers.

1. Import-Package / Export-Package
2. Require-Bundle

Alghough I guess Buckminster supports the 2nd one,
does it support the 1st one ?

In other words, Can Eclipse Conpoment Types used with Eclipse Import or Platform Reader
handle Import/Export-Package and make suitable CSPEC and can Buckminster
resolve these dependancies ?

Regards,

=======
Ikuo YAMASAKI