Re: [buckminster-dev] How to create JavaDoc

Hi Sharma,
The difference is mainly that a CSPEC action allow better control over when the build is performed and what it is dependent upon. An action is normally not performed unless you explicitly ask for it. A builder on the other hand, is injected into the Eclipse build system and is executed very frequently (when you save a file, periodic workspace builds, etc.) and that might not be desirable for a Javadoc tasks since it's quite heavy.

You can invoke a CSPEC action by right-clicking on the project and choose 'Buckminster' -> 'Invoke Action'. A list pops up with possible actions.

We intend to provide extension points so that actions can be tied to a menu item of choice in the IDE, but the design of that is not finished yet.

Kind Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Sharma, Jaikumar wrote:

Hi Thomas,

What is the difference in terms of advantages / disadvantages of
configuring an action in .CSPEC ? Because, it is also possible to
configure Buckminster builder to create a javadoc and run "buckminster
build" (which triggers the configured builders -- as many as one has
configured).

Regards.