Re: [buckminster-dev] How to create JavaDoc

Hi Sharma,
The easiest way to create javadoc is to add an action with an 'ant' actor that calls on an ant-script using the javadoc task. If you cspec is generated (feature/plugins/maven components), then add a cspec extension, i.e. a buckminster.cspex file to your project where you add the action. Something like:

<cs:actions>
  <cs:public name="create.javadoc" actor="ant">
    <cs:actorProperties>
      <cs:property key="buildFile" value="make/build.xml"/>
    </cs:actorProperties>
    <cs:prerequisites>
      <cs:local attribute="eclipse.build.source" alias="source"/>
    </cs:prerequisites>
    <cs:products>
      <cs:public name="javadoc.output" base="docs/"/>
    </cs:products>
  </cs:private>
</cs:actions>

You then add the make/build.xml file and a target called 'create.javadoc'. You can access the source in three ways:

  <buckminster.filesetgroup refid="source.filesetgroup"/>

or:

  <path refid="source"/>

or, since there in this case is only one fileset in the group:

  <fileset refid="source.fileset"/>

In case there's zero or one path in the fileset, you can also access it as a property, i.e.:

 "${source}".

A more elaborate documentation that describes actions and the ant integration will be added to the wiki soon.

- thomas

Sharma, Jaikumar wrote:
Dear.
I want to create Javadoc for my project. I can see a lot of TODOs when I try to find ACTION for .CSPEC. This leads me in dark :-) If possible, can somebody give me some get going example to how to create Java doc for my project, please! Thanks for your help in advance! Regards

Back to the top